What can we expect for New York City Tech in 2013? We will be answering that question tomorrow during NYCEDC’s panel discussion at Social Media Week.
New York’s technology sector is on the rise, with employment in the industry growing nearly 30 percent in the last five years and now totaling nearly 120,000 jobs. The panel of City representatives, industry experts, entrepreneurs and investors will explore new trends in venture capital funding, startups to watch, and opportunities in New York tech today, including the new industrial “makers” revolution – as well as larger efforts by the Bloomberg Administration to grow the City’s technology sector and promote entrepreneurship across all sectors of the economy.
New York City’s Tech Future
Hosted by the New York City Economic Development Corporation
9:30AM to 11:00AM
- Matthew Burnett: Co-Founder, Maker’s Row
- Alan Patricof: Managing Director, Greycroft Partners
- Ann Li: Managing Director, EVP, NYCEDC
- Jonathan Bowles: Executive Director, Center for an Urban Future
- Scott Anderson: Partner & Chief Strategy Officer, Control Group
- Steve Rosenbaum: Entrepreneur-at-Large, NYCEDC
Who else can we expect to see at Social Media Week?!